The Chesterfield Chamber’s business bootcamp is designed to help individuals plan a business that meets their personal and professional goals.
- Did you know that a business plan can help business grow 30% faster?
- Some studies have shown that companies that had 92% growth in sales from one year to the next, typically have plans.
- In fact, 71% of fast-growing companies have business plans. Statistics prove that business plans matter.
- Also, according to a study by Small Business Economics, entrepreneurs that take the time to create a plan for their business idea are 152% more likely to start their business.
By the end of this bootcamp, as long as the individual has completed their assignments along the way, they should have their business plan written or outlined.
The Chesterfield Chamber Business Bootcamp, led by Tiffany Greene, founder of MPWR Source, utilizes the Core Four Business Planning Course®, which is comprised of four workshops:
- Success Planning – Success Planning presents tools for: self-assessment, financial goal setting, boundary setting, communication skills, selling skills, and contingency planning. The student will prepare their “business owner” resume and personal financial plan. Success Planning is also threaded throughout the course with instruction and exercises for teaching students about due diligence, raising their self-awareness about their wants and needs, the business wants and needs, their role in the business, business ethics, and business legitimacy.
- Market Planning – Market Planning presents tools and strategies for transforming a dream into a reality of a market-driven business including identifying customers, analyzing competition and industry, identifying a market niche and position, options for distributing products and services, identifying features and benefits of products and services, image and packaging decisions, promotional planning, pricing, selling, social media, and contingency planning. Market Planning stresses the importance of focusing on matching the business owner’s dream with the needs and wants of customers and interacting in a competitive marketplace.
- Cash Flow Planning – Cash Flow Planning presents detailed strategies for preparing a cash flow projection, projecting sales, setting goals, and contingency planning. It focuses on helping students understand that the business and the person are separate economic entities. Cash Flow Planning helps clarify personal financial needs from the financial needs of the business.
- Operations Planning – Operations Planning presents key issues and strategies for having a legitimate business, compliance with all legal requirements, and effective business operations. It helps identify what work must be done, how all the work will be done, and who will do the work. Operations Planning helps students identify the various “hats” a business owner must wear and how to stay focused.
Each of the four workshops are two hours long, and guests may be invited to speak on certain topics throughout the curriculum. Each of the four courses is followed by a roundtable discussion where each student can ask questions and bounce ideas off of other students. The Core Four Business Planning Course® will be the text for the course.